Grapefruit Poppyseed Shortbread Cookies
Yield: 20 Cookies; depending on shape and thickness
Serving Size: 2 Cookies
Prep Time: 10 minutes (2 hour rest time)
Cook Time: 14 minutes
¾ cup Softened Butter
½ cup Powdered Sugar
¾ cup Sunkist® Grapefruit Poppyseed Dressing
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
1 tsp Salt
1. Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and vanilla extract.
2. Add in the Sunkist® Grapefruit Poppyseed Dressing and mix to combine.
3. Add in the powdered sugar and salt and all-purpose flour.
4. Scrape the bowl and keep mixing until everything is combined.
5. Shape the dough into a rectangular block about 1 inch in height and 3 inches deep.
6. Wrap and chill in plastic wrap until firm, about 2 hours.
7. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F.
8. Using a sharp knife, cut ½ inch thick slices from the loaf and place on a parchment lined baking tray at least an inch apart. Using a toothpick, indent a design of your choosing.
9. Bake for about 14 minutes, rotating the tray at about 7 minutes.
10. Cool and serve.