Spicy Mango Habanero Cashew Coconut Curry
Yield: 6 cups
Serving Size: 3
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 15-20 minutes
2 Tbsp Cooking Oil
5 Dried Stemmed Guajillo Chilies
1 cup Diced Onion
1 whole head of Garlic, diced
1 cup Diced Tomatoes
1 ½ cups Roasted Cashews
1 Tbsp Garam Masala
2 Tbsp Cumin
½ cup White Vinegar
4 Tbsp Canola Oil, divided
1 cup Chicken, diced
4 cups Coconut Milk
Cooked White Basmati Rice
¼ cup Chopped Cilantro
1. Place dried chilies in a heat-safe vessel, pour boiling water over to cover and let soak for 20 minutes. Then drain and remove tops and seeds.
2. Place a large saucepan on medium high heat, add 2 Tablespoons of oil, then cook the onions until golden brown.
3. Add in garlic and cook for 1 minute.
4. Add in tomatoes and cook down for 7 minutes or until the mixture is paste-like.
5. In a blender, add the cooked mixture along with the cashews, the seeded and stemmed boiled chilies, cumin and garam masala, the Sunkist® Spicy Mango Habanero Dressing and the white vinegar. Blend until smooth.
6. In the saucepan, add remaining 2 Tablespoons of oil and add in the paste. Cook the paste on medium high heat and keep stirring until it starts sticking to the bottom of the pan. Add in the chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
7. Add in the coconut milk and simmer on low heat until the chicken is completely cooked.
8. Serve with white basmati rice and garnish with chopped cilantro.