Grapefruit Poppyseed Loaf Cake
Yield: 1 Loaf
Serving Size: 2 Slices
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
1 cup Softened Butter
1 cup Granulated Sugar
1 ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
¼ cup Milk
2 cups All-Purpose Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
¼ tsp Salt
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. Grease and line a 9”x5” loaf pan.
3. In a bowl, mix all-purpose flour, baking soda and salt.
4. Using a stand mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together butter and sugar.
5. Add in eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla extract and Sunkist® Grapefruit Poppyseed Dressing.
6. Add the milk, then half of the flour, keeping the mixer on a slow speed. Once combined, gently fold in the remaining flour until combined.
7. Transfer the cake mixture to the greased and lined loaf tin. Then place in the oven for 1 hour.
8. Test if the cake is done by using a skewer and poke it in the middle to see that it comes out clean.
9. When the cake is done, take it out of the oven and leave in the cake tin until cool enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
10. Allow to cool, slice, and serve.